Established in 2008, Libralato Ltd is an innovation specialist in low carbon vehicle technologies, with new concepts and expertise in hybrid electric vehicle systems, validated through European Commission and Innovate UK projects. The Libralato engine is an enabling technology for cost effective plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (2 year ROI pay-back from the fuel savings alone). Libralato aims to be a market leader for the urgent societal challenges of how to break the car’s ‘addiction to oil’ in a way that the average driver can afford and how to eliminate urban traffic pollution; by a mass transition to plug-in hybrid vehicles.
Reseach & Development
1) Winner of the UK Low Carbon Vehicles Partnership’s Technology Challenge, 2009.
2) Shortlisted for a British Engineering Excellence Award, 2011.
3) Beneficiary of Climate-KIC; the EU’s main climate innovation programme, 2014.
4) Nominated for European Inventor of the Year, 2015.
5) Shortlisted for a Shell Springboard Award, 2016.
6) Libralato Engine Prototype project (266059); FP7 Green Cars Initiative,2011-2014.
7) The Proving Factory project supported by UK AMSCI, 2013-2015.
8) 48V Town & Country Hybrid Powertrain project supported by UK Innovate, 2014-2016.
9) Libralato Rotary Engine project (672077); H2020 SME Instrument ph1, 2015.
10) Libralato Hybrid Rotary Engine proposal, H2020 EGVI, Jan 2016.