Shortlist for 2015 Low Carbon Champions Awards reflects Innovation in Green Transport
Wed 29 July 2015 | Back to news list
The Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership (LowCVP) has today revealed a diverse shortlist of innovative nominees for the 2015 Low Carbon Champions Awards. The shortlisted organisations and projects reflect the UK’s continued progressive thinking in the area of low carbon transport.
The Awards, now in their fifth year, will be presented at the networking and Awards Dinner at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Milton Keynes in collaboration with Cenex on the evening of Wednesday 9 September 2015 – the first of two days of the Cenex Low Carbon Vehicle (LCV) 2015 event.
Returning by popular demand, the Master of Ceremonies will for the second year running be the actor and green vehicle enthusiast Robert Llewellyn, best known for his role as ‘Kryten’ in BBC's Red Dwarf and for presenting Channel 4's Scrapheap Challenge.
The Awards celebrate outstanding and innovative practice in the UK in accelerating the shift to lower carbon vehicles and fuels and reducing road transport emissions. The LowCVP Low Carbon Champions Awards are one of a select few sustainable development awards schemes to have received accreditation by the Royal Society of the Arts (RSA), enabling category winners to go forward to the European Business awards for the Environment (EBAE).
The Grand Prix sponsor of the 2015 Low Carbon Champions Awards is again Millbrook, host of the LCV event.
Awards categories and shortlist:
1. Low Carbon Car / Van Manufacturer of the Year (Sponsor: EDF Energy)
Shortlisted: Mitsubishi Motors UK; Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd; Volkswagen UK
2. Low Carbon Heavy Duty Vehicle Manufacturer of the Year
Shortlisted: BYD Europe B.V.; Optare - Electric Vehicles; Leyland Trucks; Scania GB
3. Low Carbon Vehicle Operator of the Year (Sponsor: BAE Systems HybriDrive®)
Shortlisted: Dundee City Council; First Bus with City of York; Reading Buses
4. Low Carbon Fuel Initiative of the Year
Shortlisted: Convert2Green Ltd; GENeco; Rapid Charge Network project
5. 2015 Award for Low Carbon Innovation by an SME (Sponsor: Advanced Propulsion Centre UK)
Shortlisted: Avid Technology Limited; Wirth Research; Dearman Engine Co Ltd; Ashwoods
6. Low Carbon Road Transport Initiative of the Year (Sponsor: The Bosch Group)
Shortlisted: Aberdeen City Council; ECO Stars; GENeco
7. 2015 Outstanding Low Carbon Publication or Report
Shortlisted: Element Energy; ICCT; UK Power Networks; Urban Foresight
Special awards categories: (No shortlist; winners announced on the night)
8. Outstanding Individual in Promoting Low Carbon Transport
9. ‘Grand Prix’: Outstanding Achievement in Low Carbon Transport (Sponsor: Millbrook)
comments powered by