The fourth annual UK Bus Summit will be held in London at the QEII Conference Centre, Westminster on 8th February 2018 and once again is supported by Department for Transport and Transport for London.
This year the focus will be on why buses are an integral part of the solution to Clean Air Zones (CAZs) rather than the problem. Local authorities will need to set out their initial plans for CAZs by the end of March 2018.
The LowCVP's Managing Director, Andy Eastlake, will speak about low emission bus uptake.
The UK Bus Summit is perfectly timed to disseminate best practice and give all stakeholders the opportunity to exchange views as part of the consultation.
Other confirmed speakers include:
• Cllr Susan Aitken, Leader, Glasgow City Council
• Giles Fearnley, Managing Director UK Bus, First Group
• Kevin O’Connor, Managing Director, UK Bus, Arriva
• Lilli Matson, Director of Transport Strategy, Transport for London
• Dr Jillian Anable, Professor of Transport Energy, University of Leeds
• Claire Haigh, Chief Executive, Greener Journeys
• Andy Eastlake, Managing Director, LowCVP
• Robert Drewery, Commercial Director, Optare
• Pete Ferguson, CEO, Prospective
• Paul Buchanan, Parnter, Volterra
• Simon Craven, Special Advisor, Go-Ahead Group
• Cllr Roger Lawrence, Leader, Wolverhampton City Council
• Gary Bartlett, Chief Officer, Highways and Transportation, Leeds City Council
• Prof. David Begg, Chief Executive, Transport Times
• Anthony Smith, Chief Executive, Transport Focus